Monday, July 12, 2010

New Pug Art ~ 2 Fabulous Finds!

Pug Smile
10 x 10
Oil

Happy Monday Everyone!
I am home from my trip and cannot wait to show you pictures!
I just have to get them organized so I thought today I would show you two new additions to my pug art collection!

The first one is an oil painting by Judy Mackey . It is called Pug Smile, and it was painted with a pallet knife if you can believe it!
The richness and texture is just amazing!

The second pug item I just got is the new for 2010 in the Pugnaciuos Pugs Collection called Pug in a Mug. I just love that he has a frosted donut on his head.
I expected the whole piece to be resin but I am thrilled that the mug is actually a shiny ceramic.

What a fun addition!


Emmitt likes our new art so much that he broke into song when I opened the packages!

Silly puggy!

Have a super day everyone!

xoxoxo

m & e

12 comments:

Brutus, Ellie, Pippa and Otto said...

That oil painting is just beautiful!!

We think Emmitt is very happy to have you home :)

Pugs & Kisses,

Yoda & Brutus

Mia said...

Great pieces!! Love the pug in the cup!! To cute!!!

~hugs~

Jess & Lilo

Wilma said...

I just love that painting, that pug in a mug is cute too,now I'm hungry. Mooooom, donuts please

Hank said...

Welcome back, honey!

Molly the Airedale said...

We feel like singing too, Emmitt! What awesome Puggy collectables!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Puglette said...

hi melissa! you find the best pug art! these are wonderful additions to you collection. emmitt, i always love your singing!! it makes me smile every time i hear you. our new puppy, penny, is a singer too. she has a funny "ah roo roo roo" bark when she is excited or just wants to say hi. we will definitely be trying to get her on video.
hugs,
puglette
:o)

Mare said...

I love your new treasures and Emmitt is singing fine as ever!

marianne said...

Great finds and great song by Emmitt!

have a nice day!

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Pawesome Pug Stuffs!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Dana Orsborn said...

Hi Melissa!

Daisy and I love the painting,
and the pug mug. There is so much
detail in that painting. We're glad
you are back, and had a great time
on your trip! We can't wait to see
the pictures.

-Dana & Daisy

Sketching with Dogs said...

Beautiful painting, really captured the soulful eyes of a pug.
You are a real art connoisseur Emmitt.
Wags, Dip Bridge and Elliot xx

artpaw said...

Great finds, and welcome home!